Instagram is founded in 2010 as a photo and video sharing social networking service and later acquired by Facebook Inc., now known as Meta Platforms. Nowadays, it is one of the most popular marketplaces that everybody can sell their product. More than 800,000 shoppers use Instagram every month, and brands around the world are using the platform to share their stories and products with consumers in a visually engaging way.
Whether you are advertising, building an audience or both – Instagram has fueled hundreds of thousands in sales.
- 800M — Number of monthly active Instagram users.
- 500M — Number of daily active users
- Increased from 400M to 500M since March 2017
- 5X — Instagram growth rate compared to overall social network usage in the U.S. (Source: Inc.)
- 25 — Percent more likely it is that Instagram users are in the top income quartile than average Internet users. (Source: GlobalWebIndex)
- 5M — Number of active Instagram business profiles (Source: Facebook)
- 60 — Percent of people who say they discover new products on Instagram (Source: Instagram)
- 70 — Percent of users who follow a business on Instagram (Source: Instagram)
- 75 — Percent of users who take an action after seeing a business post (i.e. visit a website, search, shop or tell a friend) (Source: Instagram)
- 500,000 — Instagram advertisers (Source: Facebook)
- 150M— Number of daily active Instagram Stories users just 5 months after launch (Source: Instagram)
- 33 — Percent of the most-viewed Instagram Stories that come from business accounts (Source: Instagram)
- 36 — Percent of B2C brands that consider Instagram to be “very important” or “critical” to their social media marketing, compared to 13% of B2B brands (Source: Inc.)